My name is Jakub Maly, I am 28. In 2010 I finished doctoral studies at Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at Charles University in Prague, field of studies computer science - software systems.
During my studies at Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, I carried out research in the fields of conceptual modelling, XML, OCL, integrity constraints, XML schema evolution and document adaptation. I presented my findings at several international conferences and journals. I enjoyed being in contact with prominent figures of the XML community and I hope to stay in touch with all of those great minds.
I defended my doctoral thesis "XML Document Adaptation and Integrity Constraints in XML" in Sep 2013 and was awarded with the degree Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Publications - Journals
- Informatica 2014 (in press). ,
- Evaluation of OCL Expressions over XML Data Model, Journal of Universal Computer Science (Inf Syst Front), 2014.
- Model-driven approach to modeling and validating integrity constraints for XML with OCL and Schematron, Information Systems Frontiers (Inf Syst Front), 2013.
- Effcient Adaptation of XML Data using a Conceptual Model, Information Systems Frontiers (Inf Syst Front), 2011.
- Evolution and Change Management of XML Applications, Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Volume 85, Issue 3, 2012.
- When Conceptual Model Meets Grammar: A Dual Approach to XML Data Modeling, Data & Knowledge Engineering (DKE), Volume 72, 2012.
Publications - Conference Papers
- Malý J., Nečaský M. : When Grammars do not Suffice: Data and Content Integrity Constraints Verification in XML through a Conceptual Model; Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling (APCCM 2013) Adelaide, Australia, Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology (CRPIT), 2013; Best Paper Award
- Malý J., Nečaský M. : Utilizing new capabilities of XML languages to verify OCL constraints; Balisage - the Markup Conference (2012) Montréal, Canada, Mulberry Technologies, 2012; Student Support Award
- Malý J., Nečaský M. : Describing and Verifying Integrity Constraints in XML using OCL; Work-in-Progress track at International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2012), Honolulu, Hawaii, IEEE, 2012
- Nečaský M., Klímek J., Malý J.: When Theory Meets Practice: A Case Report on Conceptual Modeling for XML; in proceedings of International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM 2011), Melbourne, Australia, IEEE, 2011
- Malý J., Mlýnková I., Nečaský M.: XML Data Transformations as Schema Evolves; in proceedings of Advances in Databases and Information Systems (ADBIS 2011), Vienna, Austria, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 6909/2011, September 2011
- Malý J., Mlýnková I., Nečaský M.: On XML Document Transformations as Schema Evolves - A Survey of Current Approaches in proceedings of ISD 2011 - International Conference on Information Systems Development, Edinburgh, Scotland, Springer-Verlag, August 2011
- Malý J., Nečaský M.: XML Document Versioning, Revalidation and Constraints; in post-proceedings of International Conference on Web Engineering Ph.D. Symposium (ICWE 2011), Paphos, Cyprus, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 7059/2012, June 2011
- Malý J., Klímek J., Mlýnková I., Nečaský M.: XML Document Versioning and Revalidation; in Proceedings of the Dateso 2011 Annual International Workshop on DAtabases, TExts, Specifications and Objects (DATESO 2011), Písek, Czech Republic, April 2011, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, April 2011.
- Klímek J., Malý J., Nečaský M.: XML Schema Integration with Reusable Schema Parts; in Proceedings of the Dateso 2011 Annual International Workshop on DAtabases, TExts, Specifications and Objects (DATESO 2011), Písek, Czech Republic, April 2011, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, April 2011.
- Klímek J., Kopenec L., Loupal P., Malý J.: XCase - A Tool for Conceptual XML Data Modeling, in ADBIS - Advances in Databases and Information Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5968/2010, 2010 (Online), March 2010
- Nečaský, M., Klímek, J., Kopenec, L., Kučerová, L., Malý, J., Opočenská, K.: XCase - Nástroj pro Modelování XML Schémat Založený na Principu MDA, in ITAT 2008 Informačné Technológie - Aplikácie a Teória, Hrebienok, Slovakia, Slovakia, PONT Slovakia, September 2008
Publications - Other
- XML Document Adaptation and Integrity Constraints in XML, doctoral thesis
- XML Schema Evolution, master thesis
Besides consulting for Utilities Systems (.NET, integration) and working for Barclays, I participated in these projects:
- XSpec plugin for Team City - a plugin for a popular continuous integration platform, which allows you to test your XSL templates, based on XSpec BDD framework. and XQuery queries
- SchematronAssert - an assertions library that allows simple use of Schematron (not only) in Java unit tests
- eXolutio - tool for conceptual modeling of XML data, maintaing XML schemas and specifications; .NET, WPF.
- OclX - XSLT function library for checking integrity constraints in XML data
- XCase - predecessor of eXolutio, several thousands of downloads counted by CodePlex.
- OZE Modelation - tool for simulating sources of renewable energy and power plants. For more information and motivation see web pages of Czech branch of Eurosolar (in Czech). The tool was created to complement the publication Cesta k energetické svobodě (Towards Energy Independence).
- CommandLine Parser Library - open source library for processing command line arguments, .NET 2.0.
- Several web page scripts (published in programming PHP (in Czech) and programming ASP.NET (in Czech), e.g. paging in PHP and MySQL.
- opendata.cz - initiative towards transparent data infrastructure (participation)
Feel free to contact me via: